High protein french toast
High protein french toastPrep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients:1 slice of sourdough bread
1 tbsp Vanilla Dream protein powder
6 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea water)
1 tsp maple syrup
For the garnish:Fresh berries
1 tsp icing sugar (optional)
Equipment:Non-stick frying pan
Impact blender or electric whisk
- Pour aquafaba into a tall container and use an impact blender or an electric whisk to whip it at high speed. After about 2 minutes you should notice the mixture increase in size and turn white.
- Add maple syrup and keep blending. Finally, add the protein powder one teaspoon at a time and keep whisking until evenly combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Dip your bread in the aquafaba mixture and fry it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, cut the bread in half, top with fresh berries and icing sugar. Quick and delicious!
Nutritional info (per serving - 1 serving):
Saturated fat 0g
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.