Apple and raspberry crumble with vanilla dream custard
Apple and raspberry crumble with vanilla dream custardPrep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Ingredients:2 large apples (cored and diced)
125g (½ cup) fresh raspberries
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
75g (¾ cup) rolled oats
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
For the custard:250ml (1 cup) non-dairy milk
20g (¼ cup) Vanilla Dream protein powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp maple syrup
Equipment:Small pie tin
Non-stick frying pan
- Heat the non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add apples, raspberries and cinnamon. Once the fruit start releasing moisture and getting softer, add brown sugar and turn off the heat.
- To make the oat crumble, toss oats and dried raspberries with maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Transfer the apple mixture into a small pie tin and top with the oat crumble. Heat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and bake your crumble for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the protein custard. In a small saucepan, whisk milk, protein powder, lemon juice, maple syrup and cornstarch together. Then, place the saucepan on low heat and keep whisking as it thickens.
- This dish can be served warm or cold, so enjoy immediately or store up to 3 days!
Nutritional info (per serving - 4 servings):Calories 307
Saturated fat 6g
Our mary's recipes
from protein shakes to protein bakes we have a recipe to suit all people, all seasons and all moods!View all
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.